Sunday, 16 May 2010

Storyfinding help?

There is a (fantasy) short story that I read years ago and recently I've been thinking I'd like to read it again. The only problem is that I cannot remember who it was by. It was in an anthology of some sort when I read it; I've skimmed through some of the fantasy anthologies I own but haven't found it (which doesn't necessarily mean it isn't there). A title and author would help.

Here is what I remember: a brother and sister arrive (by ship) at an island, and there is a creepy but strangely attractive flying boy. There is possibly a cave as well.

That's all I remember. Does anyone recognise this? I get the feeling it's by someone at least reasonably famous.

5 comments:

Gj said...

Just a wild guess. Is it Island boy by Barbara Cooney?

Aishwarya said...

Gj - I'm pretty sure it's not! Thanks anyway. :)

Anonymous said...

Peter Pan :-)

Ell said...

"The Sudden Wings" by Thomas Burnett Swann? It is set in Petra, not on an island, but it's probably what you're looking for.

Aishwarya said...

Ell - Yes! Thank you!