Monday, 17 August 2009

Links: in case you haven't been obsessively monitoring my sidebar

Here are some things I think you should read:

Laura Atkins on white privilege in children's books.

Hal Duncan being amazing. John C. Wright has since deleted the post that inspired Duncan's epic reply - which is rather a pity because some of the replies in the comments were magnificent as well. Oh well.

More epic replies - this time the Angry Black Woman on Paul DiFillipo's comments about The Mammoth Book of Mindblowing SF

Neesha Meminger at Justine Larbelestier's blog
. The Liar cover has generated some amazing essays, and I only wish I could keep up with them all. This is very much a 101 sort of post, but it's a good one.

Pradipta Sarkar, who is one of my favourite people in meatspace, on how not to impress an editor.

Jai Arjun Singh, another of my favourite people both on and off the internet, on freedom from religion. Comments are worth a read too.

2 comments:

Celine said...

Fantastic links, Aishwarya. I popped in for a moment to see what was up, and stayed waaaaayyyyy longer then I really had time for. Thanks so much for these.

Aishwarya said...

Some of them are pretty great, aren't they? Glad you liked them!