Thursday, 2 July 2009

Two open letters

Dear Mr. R.K Sharma

This was what I woke up to this morning. I thank you for giving me such a wonderful beginning to my day.



I'd be interested to hear how you take pride in "being different from Western countries". There are things about this country I take great pride in. This isn't one of them. Nor is sharing a nationality with someone who spouts the sort of poisonous bigotry that has him believe that people I love (and their love) is "unnatural" and "hideous".

So fuck you, Mr. Sharma.

That is all.

+++++++++++++++

Dear Delhi High Court.

Thank you. Seriously, thank you so much for finally seeing sense over this. Thank you for not being R.K Sharma or the commentors on this article (I'm afraid to go over to Rediff)

Also, what took you so long?

With much love and pride in my city

Aishwarya.

P.S: 105 pages? You really are quite long winded, aren't you?

2 comments:

Prasoon said...

A genuine heartfelt writeup - I liked!

They talk about feeling the pride in being different. Hell yes - when the new sea links in Mumbai wouldn't come up just because they want a Shivaji statue in middle of the god damned sea - we fight over whether or not a place should be named after leader X or leader Y - mudslinging happens at its best during elections - parliamentarians mostly have credits as how many crimes they have committed and people such as R.K.Sharma get a license to write - so unlike West you see! Oh well, these are just very few of the reason why we should be proud. I repeat the same line - 'Fuck you, Mr. (R.K.) Sharma' lest some other Sharma takes offense i.e.

It took a long time for the court to come out with this - well, der aaye, durust aaye. Now, lets get back to cases of Babri n Godhra and such likes and clean a little bit of bloody ministers from the top jobs!

Kaushik said...

Read Dr K's response to a similar statement in today's Zeitgeist.

If you haven't already.

Your fan,
Dr K